Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Good Monday?

I started out with good intentions and now it is a few days later. However, with no followers yet, who the hell cares!

Tried the Spiegelau glasses and was thoroughly satisfied. The vino-grande burgundy glass has an adequately sized bowl, stem not too long & transitions to bowl quite nice, narrows enough at the top and is thin enough to not take anything away from the wine at hand. Since my last posting I tried a Zin, a Cab, and a petite syrah in the glass. All showed beautifully and drank well.

At a tasting on Saturday, a 2006 Rosenblum Lodi Syrah was poured. Out of all the recent Rosenblum selections I have tried recently, this one was by far the best. It was deep ruby in color, a fruity nose as well as a fruit forward taste. It possessed a well balanced tanic structure and I feel could drink well over the next few years. THIS was all gathered from a plastic cup. I cannot wait to have a try in an actual glass.

The sun is shining and calling me to come sit outside. Tonight on the table will be Grilled Chicken & Polenta with a Nectarine-Blackberry Salsa. Not sure if I should go white or sparkling, but either should complement the meal well.

No comments:

Post a Comment